6/19/09

Review in Pop Damage


Sigh. A second bad review for "Old Man Winter & Other Sordid Tales" hot on the heels of a particularly nasty one a few days ago. At least Andrew Wright, the reviewer for Pop Damage doesn't attack my character (click here to read the review).

In fact, I agree with him on most of his criticism. I do tend to be heavy-handed with my animal welfare themed stories. It's hard for me to tone down my emotion on the subject, so I suppose it can come off as overwrought. I don't think I come across that way in "real life" (I certainly hope not), but I need to find a way to communicate the horrors of animal abuse without coming across as preachy. It isn't my intention, but I can see how it could be received as such.

I'm glad I got so many positive reviews to counter these particularly painful ones. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment