4/10/12

Shout-out: VICTOR KERLOW



DIGESTATE contributor:
 VICTOR KERLOW!


Victor Kerlow was born, raised and educated in Manhattan and still lives there, drawing full-time. Clients include The New Yorker, The New York Times, Fantagraphics, MTV, IFC Films, Random House, The Believer, Bloomberg, J Walter Thompson, The National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico City and many more. He also draws the weekly illustrations for The Metro Diary in The New York Times, and has a few exciting projects coming out soon, but not soon enough to mention right now, so please Google him frequently. Like every ten minutes.



Editor's note: Victor is one of the most unassuming guys I've ever met considering his immense talent. He's one of those guys who's just always drawing, and I'm glad his talent is being both recognized and rewarded (did you see that client list up there?!). 

I'm especially impressed by the way his written words integrate into his drawings. I think a lot of cartoonists forget that the written word is a form of drawing and should be treated as such (im my opinion). There's nothing more jarring to me than a computer font paired with an obviously hand-drawn image. 

He is also unafraid to wear some of the sorriest looking promotional baseball caps I've ever seen. And he hangs out with undercover cops, so be careful. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with your editor's note. If I were into hash-tagging I would say: #VictorKerlowFanClub

    ReplyDelete