7/29/09

Review in Optical Sloth

I missed an incredibly generous review of "Old Man Winter & Other Sordid Tales" by Kevin Bramer on the Optical Sloth blog (click here to read it) posted back in June. Another comparison to Joe Sacco, which is beyond flattering. I don't think I could pull off the detail in his panoramic scenes, but I do try to put lots of background details into my own work.

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm hard at work on a new comic, which I've probably mentioned. I've moved on from the thumnail sketches to more fully realized whole-page sketches. I've got about seven or so pages done. I would put some up on this here blog, but I don't want to give away anything about the plot. Well, I can tell you that it involves a bunch of letters, notes and journals I've found over the years. There, happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment