3/11/09

Ducks On The Pond


I've been gathering artists for a book written by Bill Liederman (previous owner of Mickey Mantle's Restaurant on Central Park) about bizarre sports phrases. The title of the book, "Ducks On The Pond" is an example of such phrases. I'm excited that some of my favorite cartoonists & illustrators have already signed on to do a drawing even before we have a publisher.

Once we have several good illustrations, Bill's agents will submit his manuscript along with the drawings for publishing bids. As you probably know, I am completely ignorant when it comes to organized sports, but it really doesn't matter in this case. We don't have to actually know what the phrases mean...just interpret them in a humorous way.

The first deadline (for the proposal) is the end of this month, so in my downtime from organizing and contacting aritsts, I've done a drawing of my own for the phrase "Tote that pigskin". I was even able to get my vegan/animal welfare views in there as a bonus!

If you are interested in the project and would like to submit something, please get in touch!

1 comment: