11/10/08

Slaughterhouse!


Man, oh man! I was very disappointed to not get that job doing 1,000 illustrations for the South Korean textbook, but I received very amazing news today:

Gail Eisnitz, author of the incredible book "Slaughterhouse" has given me permission to adapt her expose into a graphic novel. Now I need to get permission from her publisher (so I suppose I shouldn't get too excited just yet). I can only describe my mood as "giddy".

If you haven't read this book, please do so immediately. It's incredibly powerful. Most books I read about animal welfare issues (and I read a lot of them) tend towards being dry and factual. "Slaughterhouse" is informative yet highly gripping...it's hard to put down. I would imagine that if I weren't already vegan this might do the trick.

3 comments:

  1. well, that sucks you didnt get the textbook gig. but good luck on the slaughterhouse stuff.
    i've been reading the china study, and have been eating vegan again for the past (nearly) 3 weeks. too bad i wont see you tomorrow when im there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea... I think Gail's book would make a wonderful film - there are so many details about the slaughterhouse industry that is hidden from public awareness. After I read Slaughterhouse I had a much better understanding of how the industry employs the lowliest of humans to commit the lowliest of acts on the lowliest of animals... It's brutal and unneccessary - best to be vegan and nix all the bad.

    I'll look forward to seeing your work... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, JT. This book looks amazing. I will definitely add it to my list. I also look forward to reading your adaptation!

    Say hi to Karen.

    naz

    ReplyDelete